Newest Post

// Posted by :OGSN // On :venres, 30 de xaneiro de 2015

#manga #anime #ogsn
Legend of Korra Book 2 DVD.jpg
I tried. Consider that I'm quite a fan of the Avatar series and the the legend of Korra wasn't all that bad. I didn't grade it because it was not as awesome/bad as other things and taking into account that it mwas american animation I decided to give my opinion instead of just grading it(Maybe I'll grade it later, who knows). The thing is that after a not so good firsdt bookm I had high expectations for these second installment of the sequel series. "Things will start to be good from here onwards". Unfortunatley, I was wrong and the amount of bad things clearly outnumber the amount of good things, rendering this second book as a failure: it fails to deliver a fine experience in most of its aspects.

First of all, the characters in this book are just plainly vain and stupid. If they had some sort of life in the first book, in this one, after a series of chapters that felt more like a filler that aactual plot , they lost pretty much all the attractive they could have. And don't get me started on the new characters from theses season, I mean, what was the point of having a couple of twins like that. They weren't just bad, they were awful characters, you can delete their scenes and everything would prove to be the same. Although they are not as bad as the main villain of the season, a guy that has virtually no personality and appears as a pawn of a sort of jellyfish-like creature . 
The plot itself is boring as hell, nothing, and I mean it, happens till episode six or seven, where we finally get some good old school plot and action: we learn how the first avatar came to be and what were his merits. The two chapters that make that story are way better that the rest of the book together and might be the only reason to watch the entire season(Not like it's absolutely necessary, since everything is pretty much understood on a first glance) along with the season finale, an action packed 20 minutes animation sequence where you can tell where all the money went into.


I'm not going to grade it because if I did it would surely fail, I think that it may not be fair.
They say the show gets a lot better in season three and specially in season four, but it will take a while until I watch it after this bad experience.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

// Copyright © OGSN! //Anime-Note//Powered by Blogger // Designed by Johanes Djogan //